6. June 2012 14:55
The day that most active SWTOR players wanted has finally been announced. Bioware will allow free server transfers starting June 12th 2012. Here is what we know so far:
- Servers will be labled origin and destination servers allowing for limited transfer choices
- Server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa!
- Legacy will be transferred to your new server and your unlocks will be available there too
- If you have already unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, the higher level Legacy will take precedence
- For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform
- If you have a guild bank, it will be re-granted to your new guild on your destination server by Customer Service. This is not an automatic process and you will have to contact Customer Service directly
- If your transferred character’s name conflicts with an existing name on a destination server, you will be asked to rename your character
- In the case of Legacy names, unless you have unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, you will need to rename your Legacy upon transfer (although you may pick the same Legacy name as on your origin server, if available).
Now I just need to find out what server my guild is moving to!