16. May 2012 14:28
TERA is rather unique compared to other MMOs in that it has a political system where players can run for office to become a Vanarch. Vanarchs manage their province for 3 weeks. To become a Vanarch a player must:
- Be at least level 50
- Be leader of a level three guild with at least 20 members
- Pay a candidacy fee of 3,000 gold and 100 Catharnach awards
Once elected and appointed, vanarchs have a number of responsibilities to their provinces including
- Raise or lower individual tax rates on several categories of transactions. Any gold you earn as a result is yours to keep!
- Open specialty shops, with items not available anywhere else.
- Add skill trainers in remote locations, allowing characters to stay in your province and spend more gold more often.
- Upgrade the abilities of stamina restoring clerics—something which may come in handy if somebody dies on your watch due to "friendly fire."
- Enable access to trade brokers on certain continents.
- Adjust the PvP settings for your province on certain continents (and only on PvP servers, of course).
To learn more about TERAs political system visit: http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/endgame/political-system