13. November 2012 14:18
If you have not seen it yet I want to share this documentary-style video on The Elder Scrolls Online featuring a first look at the game’s combat system, PvP, Megaserver technology and questing content.
4. May 2012 13:58
It did not take long for contents of the Game Informer's The Elder Scrolls Online June article, to get leaked. Looks like someone got a hold of the article and released a bunch of screenshots as well as a few rumored gameplay details.
Here are some of the details that were released:
- Releasing 2013 for PC/Mac
- Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios
- 250 Person Team Started development in 2007
- The game is fully voice acted
- Third person perspective
- The game uses a hotbar to activate skills like other traditional MMOs
- Visually it looks like other Hero Engine MMOs like SWTOR
- The general art style is kind of like RIFT or Everquest 2
- You can't be a werewolf or vampire
- Crafting, alchemy, and soul stones will exist in an unrevealed form
- Tons of towns ranging from Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, Riften, and a lot more
- There will be mounts, but no flying mounts
- There are three player factions
- There will be no player housing
- There will be no NPC romances or marriage
- Fast travel exists in the game in the form of wayshrines, which are also your ressurection point, and you can teleport from one wayshrine to any other wayshrine you have already visited
- The game world is very large relative to Skyrim
- The game is set 1000 years in the past
- Hitting the level cap takes about 120 hours
- Three faction PvP where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it. 100 v 100 battles
- There is also balanced PvP for people who prefer eSports
- Each faction has their own leveling content
- The combat model will not be real time due to latency
- The combat is based around a stamina bar which you can use to sprint, block, interrupt, and break incapacitating effects
- Blocking is the primary focus of these abilities, and can do things like stopping the secondary effects of attacks such as an ice spell slowing you
- Healing is still a big part of the game
- There is no aggro mechanic in the game
- NPCs will try to work together and use player like behavior when fighting you, so instead of enemies in a dungeon sitting around and waiting to be pulled, you will be attacked by the entire room and they will try to react to how you are playing
There are also scans of the art and screens in the article that have been posted online
4. May 2012 10:20
Following yesterday's long-awaited reveal of The Elder Scrolls Online, ZeniMax Online Studios has released the game's announcement trailer.
4. May 2012 08:49
GameBreaker.tv This Week In MMO discusses the Elder Scrolls MMO as well as TERA post release. We learn that that the new Elder Scrolls MMO, will occur 1000 years prior to Skyrim, it will have 3 factions fighting over control of the Empire, with PvP and questing dynamic events. There was also an open discussion about the combat style. At this point we are not sure if Elder Scrolls MMO will offer action style combat similar to Skyrim or if it will offer a traditional skill quick bar.
3. May 2012 10:31
Game Informer has released information that an Elder Scrolls MMO is in the works. All we know so far is that the new Elder Scrolls title will feature three-faction PvP and the development team is headed up by Matt Firor, known primarily for his work on Dark Age of Camelot. The Elder Scrolls Online is scheduled to come out in 2013 for both PC and Macintosh. The official announcement will be made in the June issue of Game Informer.